Making personal injury claims - Your entitlements
Following a non-fault personal injury you may be entitled to make a compensation claim for the injury and any financial losses suffered as a result. Read more about scenarios in which a personal injury may occur.
As well as causing substantial pain, suffering and psychological distress, a personal injury can incur many other inconveniences and costs that you may wish to claim back.
Your eligibility to make a personal injury claim and its resulting success will usually depend on the following:
- Someone (the defendant) having a legal duty of care such as an employer or shop manager.
- He or she failing to meet the standard of reasonable behaviour pertaining to that duty e.g. they infringe health and safety regulations.
- The defendant's negligence causing a personal injury to you (the claimant).
- That you suffer injury and losses as a result.
No matter whether you have suffered a minor personal injury such as a sprained ankle or a catastrophic injury such as brain damage, we are here to help. Read more about types of personal injury.
As personal injury specialists, we recover more than £10 million in personal injury compensation for our clients every year as we want you to have the means to start rebuilding your life as soon as you feel ready.
What can I claim for?
When making a personal injury claim there are two types of damages that you can claim for: general and special.
General damages resulting from personal injuries usually relate to the injury itself and include:
- Pain, suffering, discomfort and distress
- Loss of congenial employment
- Other lifestyle changes
Claims for special damages may comprise:
- Loss of earnings
- Cost of medical treatment and prescriptions
- Travel to and from medical appointments
- Personal items lost or damaged during the accident
- Motor insurance policy excess
- Anticipated loss of earnings
- The cost of on-going medical care, therapy and special accommodation
Making a personal injury claim today
To make a no win no fee personal injury claim without delay fill out one of our online assessment forms and we will call you back at a convenient time. Read more about no win no fee.
Alternatively, call our friendly 24-hour claim team for further details about your legal entitlement to personal injury compensation.
Call 0800 197 32 32 today to set your personal injury claim in motion.