No win no fee and legal expenses insurance
When it comes to pursuing a no win no fee claim after a non-fault accident many are concerned by how much they will have to pay out in solicitor's fees and disbursements if their claim is unsuccessful.
However, despite the fact that our personal injury solicitors have an excellent success rate and it is highly unlikely that your claim will be unsuccessful, legal expenses insurance will cover you for these costs.
What does legal expenses insurance cover?
Legal expenses insurance essentially covers you for:
- Your solicitor's fees and expenses
- Costs for expert witnesses, medical reports and other disbursements
- Court fees
- Your opponent's legal costs and fees
When it comes to legal expenses insurance there is after-the-event (ATE) insurance and before-the-event (BTE) insurance:
This is a policy usually taken out alongside a car insurance or home insurance policy and is also available through other financial institutions and unions before an accident or personal injury occurs.
A policy of this type usually lasts a period of twelve months and will cost around £15 but may be provided free of cost by some car insurance companies.
BTE insurance is designed to cover your legal costs and both yours and the other party's disbursements during the claims process, so long as your insurance company believes you have a good chance of winning your case. There are other limitations with this kind of insurance which may include:
- Having to report your personal injury to the insurance company within six months, or less, of it occurring
- Not being able to choose your own personal injury solicitor until after legal proceedings have begun
- Having to accept any reasonable offer from your opponent to settle
This policy is taken out in order to cover your legal costs after you have suffered a non-fault personal injury and decided to make a claim. The cost of ATE insurance can range from £75 to £5000 according to the following factors:
- The amount of compensation you are claiming for
- The likelihood that your claim will be a success
- How soon after the event you are making your claim
- Whether the premium is paid upfront or will be paid after the case has been settled
- It may possible to recover the cost of an ATE insurance premium from your opponent if your claim is successful.
However, some personal injury solicitors, such as The Claims Solicitors, will take ATE insurance out on your behalf when they accept your claim. They will even take on the cost of the premium, meaning that ATE insurance will be always be totally free when you make a no win no fee claim through The Claims Solicitors.
Making a no win, no fee, cost free claim
We work on a no win no fee basis which means that, if your claim is unsuccessful, you don't have to pay a penny. It means making a claim is a totally risk free process. You will also be covered for legal expenses and disbursements for both you and your opponent by the after-the-event insurance policy which we will take out for you.
If you require more information about making a personal injury claim or would like us to assess your entitlement to making a no win no fee claim call 0800 197 32 32 today.