Injury compensation awards
Urgent call back

Free claim assessment

Desc of accident and injuries:

Enter the text above

United Kingdom residents only

Advice for new drivers

Thousands of newly qualified drivers are let loose onto the British roads every year with little experience and little clue about the car accident risks that are out there. After learning for months with a stuffy old instructor or being restricted to getting in a bit of practice when driving to the shops with your mum, most learners are raring to get out on the motorway and let rip with a little acceleration.

The Claim Solicitors have put together some advice for all you new drivers to help reduce the risk of you being involved in a car accident which could cause serious personal injuries to you, your passengers, any passing pedestrians and other road users. Read more about common personal injuries as a result of car accidents.

When you have passed your test there are a few things that we suggest you do after popping open the Champagne (but remember not to get behind the wheel after drinking a couple of glasses!):

Get a licence - once you have passed your practical driving test and you're a fully fledged member of the British roadways you should exchange your test pass certificate for your driving licence. You will need to present this to the authorities in the event that you have a car accident. You only have two years to claim your test pass otherwise you will have to take your test again. It is free to exchange your provisional licence for a full driving licence and you should send both your test pass and provisional driving licence to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1BJ.

Swap plates - you'll be dying to get your L plates off but we suggest that you swap them for some P plates for at least the first couple of months that you begin to drive. This not only makes other road users aware that you are not a very experienced motorist but also reminds you that you are not as adept as you sometimes think. Road safety charity Brake believe that if new drivers displayed P plates for the first two years of their driving career the number of car accident involving new drivers would decline.

Gather experience - you may have had twenty lessons with the best driving instructor in town and passed your test first time but unfortunately this doesn't make you an expert driver. There are many motorists on the roads that have been driving for more than twenty years and they are still at risk of having car accidents, meaning that you are even more vulnerable. To get a little more skill and build your driving confidence at the same time consider Pass Plus or a similar advanced driving course. Read more about Pass plus.

Drive carefully - young drivers, particularly those who have been on the road for less than two years are the least skilled, least experienced and most likely to cause a car crash. This is precisely why a law has been passed which states that drivers can gain a maximum of six points on their licence within their first two years of driving before they have it revoked. This law is designed to encourage safer driving practices and significantly cut the amount of car accidents on our roads. So remember, no speeding, no jumping red lights, no tailgating and no drink driving. Read more about car accidents and young drivers.

How you can make a car accident claim with us today
Have you been involved in a car accident that wasn't your fault and sustained personal injuries such as whiplash? Then you could make a compensation claim through The Claim Solicitors today.

We are the car accident claim experts and have a fantastic success rate. We work to get every one of our customers the most compensation available to them and explain each stage of the claims process clearly, without using complex legal jargon.

We offer a no win, no fee service, which means that, if your claim is unsuccessful, you don't have to pay a penny. It means making a claim is a totally risk free process.

To find out more or to make a car accident claim today either fill out an online form or give us a call on 0800 197 32 32.