Injury compensation awards
Urgent call back

Free claim assessment

Desc of accident and injuries:

Enter the text above

United Kingdom residents only

Personal injury compensation - questions answered

What are the different types of personal injury?

There are many different types of personal injury, and here at The Claim Solicitors, we have extensive experience of dealing with the entire spectrum of accident claims. We can help you claim compensation for all types of personal injury, including;

If you feel that you have a valid compensation claim for a personal injury that you have suffered which was not your fault, then simply complete our claim assessment form opposite and a member of our staff will be in contact.

Do I have a valid claim?
If you have suffered a personal injury in the last three years from an accident that was not your fault, you are entitled by law to be compensated. Whether you suffered minor cuts and bruises, or more serious long term injuries, The Claim Solicitors will help you claim compensation.

If you have been sustained an injury in an accident that was not your fault and would like to make a claim for personal injury compensation or if you would like to discuss in confidence any matter related to a personal injury claim, please call our claim team on 0800 197 32 32 or complete the claim assessment opposite.

Who is a personal injury claim made against?
A personal injury claim is made against the person or organisation who is believed to be at fault - a 'third party'. To win your claim for compensation, your solicitor will have to show that a third party was responsible (liable) for your accident and that you have suffered injury and loss as a result. In a road traffic accident, it could be another driver, or in a work accident, your employer. If the third party or their insurers dispute liability, your solicitor will need to provide evidence to support your claim. This may involve police reports, photographs and witness statements. Most of the time a claim will be against the third party's insurance company, but even if you were injured by a driver who was uninsured, or in a hit and run accident, a claim can still be pursued.

If you were injured in an accident at work you can make a claim against your employer, who will have compulsory insurance for this sort of case.

Even if the accident was caused by a friend or member of your family, such as a child injured in a car driven by a parent, then a claim can still be made. This is not as awful as it sounds, as the claim would be dealt with by the driver's insurance company.

When a third party's liability is established, your solicitor will have to prove the value of your claim by obtaining independent medical evidence to substantiate the nature and extent of your injuries and the effect they will have on you in the future. He will also need to gather information about your financial losses and expenses. A 'Schedule of Financial Losses and Expenses' is produced to prove these losses and show the Court they are reasonable.

Why should I choose The Claim Solicitors ?
The Claim Solicitors are one of the UK's leading personal injury firms in the UK. We have dealt with thousands of compensation claims for people who have been injured in a variety of circumstances. We recognise that the practice of law is a people orientated enterprise and that our approach should be friendly but efficient. We also appreciate that our success depends upon the success of our clients and upon the expertise and approachability of our partners and staff.

If you appoint The Claim Solicitors to handle your claim, we will appoint an expert solicitor that specialises in the particular area of law relevant to your case. You will have the best possible representation to get you the compensation you deserve.

What can I claim for?

Compensation sums depend on the nature and extent of your injuries and losses. If your case is successful you will usually receive compensation for your pain and suffering and any financial loss, which may include loss of earnings, damaged clothing, medical bills and travel expenses.

There are two main areas of compensation that can be claimed for:

Who will deal with my claim?
The Claim Solicitors will provide you with a friendly, experienced member of our team to answer any questions you may have at any time throughout your claim, and keep you up to date on the progress of your case. We will appoint a solicitor from our personal injury department that specialises in the particular area of law relevant to your case.

How long will my claim take?
As every case is different, some take longer than others. Most cases are settled in a matter of months, although very complicated cases can take much longer. The common factor in all cases is that we need to ensure that you are being properly compensated for your injuries, and sometimes assessing this can take time, as some injuries are subject to a lengthy prognosis which we suggest should be waited out, to make sure your injuries have healed in line with expectations, so that you are getting the rightful compensation you deserve. In all cases, our priority is to ensure the best compensation settlement and quick settlements are often not advisable. We will keep you updated throughout the claim process and advise you of any problems that arise.

Attending meetings and medical assessments
We have developed our service so that the majority of your case can be dealt with by email/telephone and post. This means you will not have to take time off work to attend meetings and enables us to appoint the very best solicitors to handle your case, regardless of where you live. Where it is necessary for you to have a medical assessment, your expenses, including any loss of earnings can be reclaimed as part of your claim.

Should you prefer to talk to someone face to face about your compensation claim, particularly in the early stages when the process of making a claim for personal injury compensation can seem a little daunting, or if your injuries are of a severe or sensitive nature, we are more than happy for one of our experienced personal injury team to visit you at home, should you wish. Please see our home visits page for more detail.

Should I see my GP?
Yes. It will greatly assist your claim if there is a written record of your injury at your doctor's sugery, a hospital or a specialist who has given you treatment for your injuries.

Will I need to go to court?
The prospect of having to go to court and give evidence is enough to deter some people from pursuing a claim. You can rest assured that over the vast majority of personal injury claims settle out of court, so it is highly unlikely that you will have to go to court. But if we are in a situation where it looks like you may have to go to court, our experienced team will work with you to make sure you are prepared, and to make sure that you have plenty of notice so that you can make arrangements to be there.

What happens next?
Simply complete the online claim assessment form opposite and one of our claims negotiators will contact you at a time that's convenient for you. Alternatively you can call us free on 0800 197 32 32. We will then appoint one of our specialist solicitors to pursue your claim and keep you informed at every stage of the case until you have received your compensation.